Pay-per-click (PPC) for Law firm advertising is a cost-effective to acquire new clients online. However, many law firms make mistakes when setting up their PPC campaigns, which can lead to poor results and lost opportunities. PPC campaigns that are poorly run can result in ineffective ad spend, low click-through rates and a lack of conversions. In highly competitive markets the stakes are higher and poorly run PPC campaigns can prevent you from getting in front of potential clients, allowing your competitors to take the lead. Law firms that don’t invest in PPC advertising may be missing out on a significant number of potential clients every day.
The return on investment of a well-run PPC campaign can be significant such as helping to identify new leads and increase online visibility for your business. However, a poorly run campaign can result in wasted ad spend, lost opportunities, a lack of conversions and a low return on investment. Firms that fail to track and analyse their campaigns and make necessary adjustments may be missing out on potential clients. This can be especially damaging for smaller law firms that have a limited budget for marketing.
In this blog, we will be outlining the key tips that law firms need to consider when setting up their PPC campaigns. By following these guidelines, law firms can ensure that their PPC campaigns are effective and generate a positive return on investment.
- Conduct keyword research: Before setting up your PPC campaign, it’s important to conduct thorough keyword research to identify the most relevant keywords for your practice area and location. This will help you target the right audience and ensure that your ads are being seen by potential clients who are searching for the legal services you offer and the practice areas your firm specialises in.
- Utilise negative keywords: Negative keywords are words and phrases that you don’t want your ads to show up for. By utilising negative keywords, you can prevent your ads from appearing for unrelated search queries, which can help to improve your click-through rate and lower your cost-per-click.
- Create compelling ad copy: Your ad copy should be clear, concise and compelling. It should also include a strong call-to-action that encourages potential clients to take a specific action.
- Use ad extensions: Ad extensions, such as sitelinks and callout extensions, can help to improve the visibility and performance of your ads. They provide additional information and make your ads more prominent on the search results page.
- Utilise geographic targeting: if you’re a local law firm be sure to use geographic targeting to ensure that your ads are only being shown to potential clients within your target area.
- Use remarketing: Remarketing allows you to target potential clients who have already visited your website. By remarketing to these individuals, you can increase the chances of them becoming a client.
- Test, track and optimise: One of the most important things to remember when setting up your PPC campaign is to test, track, and optimise. Use tools such as google analytics to track the performance of your campaigns and make data-driven decisions to improve results over time.
- Use different types of ad formats: Use different types of ad formats such as call-only ads, responsive search ads and video ads through Youtube to increase the chances of getting in front of potential clients.
- Use automated bidding strategies: Automated bidding strategies such as target CPA and target ROAS can help you to optimise your campaigns and achieve your goals more efficiently.
- Hire a PPC specialist: Running a successful PPC campaign can be complex and time-consuming. If you don’t have the time and skill set required, consider hiring a PPC specialist to help you set up and manage your campaigns.