Marketing is crucial for any business and accounting firms are no exception. However, the marketing strategy that work for other businesses may not necessarily work for accounting firms. In this article, we will explore 10 marketing ideas for accounting firms to scale their practice firm.
We will divide the strategies into two categories: basic but fundamental ideas as well as the more advanced strategies that will work in any hyper-competitive market. These ideas will help accounting firms of all sizes and types to increase visibility, attract new clients and ultimately, grow their business.
Foundational Marketing Ideas for Accounting Firms
It’s important to lay strong foundations for a strong marketing ideas for accounting . There is no point in trying to do any new hacks, tools or tricks before you have solid fundamentals in place.
Here are 5 strategies that are a great starting point for accounting firms of all sizes and types.
- Develop a strong online presence: A professional website is the first essential step for any business when it comes to growing online. It’s especially important for accounting firms. Your website should provide information about your services, team and, proof you can do what you say as well as contact information. It should also be your hub where you add your opinions, perspectives and knowledge to build up your topical authority.
- Utilise email marketing: Email marketing is a cost-effective way to stay in touch with your clients and reach potential clients. You can use email marketing to share industry news, promote your services and offer special promotions or rewards. While there are of course more advanced methods of email marketing, a monthly newsletter is a good starting point.
- Network and build relationships online: Build relationships with other people in the industry through your online profiles. This is where a presence on social media comes in, get involved in the discussion and engage. Networking is a great way to build relationships and can lead to referral business, speaking engagements and ultimately new business.
- Offer valuable content: Valuable content will help position your firm as a leader in the industry and attract potential clients. Educational resources, such as guides and webinars can also be used to develop leads and keep current clients engaged. Analyse what goes down well with your audience and build out more levels of that type of content from there.
Advanced Marketing Strategies for Competitive Markets
Beyond the basics, here are 5 strategies which are suitable for accounting firms that operate in a competitive market and want to take their marketing efforts to the next level:
- Targeted online advertising: Targeted online advertising, such as Google and Facebook Ads, can be a cost-effective way to reach specific demographics. This means you can target your ads to reach individuals in a specific geographic area or in certain industries. This should only be done when you have a good funnel and assets in place (landing page, website etc).
- Host events and webinars: Hosting events and webinars can help position your firm as a leader in the industry, allowing you to connect with potential clients. When you see one that works well, consider turning it into an automated funnel.
- Develop a strong personal brand: A strong personal brand and consistent content strategy can help differentiate your firm from competitors and attract new clients. Committing to this consistently can help bring in new inbound leads on a weekly basis.
- Utilise search engine optimisation (SEO): SEO is the process of optimising your website to rank higher in search engine results. This can include optimising your website’s content and meta tags and building backlinks, a whole topic in itself but a strategy worth investing in.
- Lean into data and analytics to track your success: Data and analytics are crucial for tracking the success of your marketing efforts. By tracking metrics such as website traffic, email open rates and social media engagement, you can gain insight into what works and what doesn’t. This information can then be used to adjust your strategy and make informed decisions about where to invest your marketing budget.
Marketing is essential for accounting firms to grow their business. By implementing a mix of basic but fundamental ideas and advanced strategies, accounting firms can increase visibility, attract new clients and ultimately, grow their business.